It has been raining for days here in the Berkshires, and the weather is chilly. Do we mope? No way, we light a fire and pull out our cozy knits (and wellies), and celebrate the season! This week I am taking a break from Eye Steppes tips to bring you this amazing guest blog from our National Makeup Artist Educator, Shawn Towne:
On the edge of autumn, that first cool days often brings us back to memories of cozy evenings by the fire and a good glass of wine. We almost intuitively get the urge to smoke out our eyes and throw on our favorite cashmere sweater. Here is a great way to create a gorgeous look around that perfect smoky eye.
- Start with a natural-looking foundation such as PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation applied with the Handi Brush and set with D20 Hydration Spray.
- Warm the cheeks with Dubonnet PurePressed Blush using the Dome Brush. Bronze with So-Bronze 3 around the hairline and the outer perimeters of the face using the Chisel Powder Brush .
- Apply Wine Silk Eye Gloss to lids using the Camouflage Brush and blend well with fingers. Focus the color on the lids and leave the brow bones natural. Next apply Wine & Roses PurePressed Eye Shadow to the outer crease using the Crease Brush to blend the color inward. Now apply Charcoal from the Daytime Eye Shadow Kit to the outermost corners of the top and bottom lash lines using the Small Fluff Brush. Define with Midnight Blue Eye Pencil on the top lash line and bottom inner rim. Finish with Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in Black Ice.
- Line the lips and fill them in with Nutmeg Lip Pencil. Next apply a soft PureMoist Lipstick color such as Julia or Sharon over the top.
- Don’t forget the brows! Use our Bitty Brow Kit to define them.
Let this tutorial be your inspiration. if you don’t have some of these colors, try something similar. Use the techniques and customize the look to fit you. Now are you ready to get cozy?