Face primer is a base for your makeup that makes it go on smoother. You’ve been using it for years, but did you know you should probably use an eye primer too? Keep reading to get the scoop on our favorite new primer, from who should be using it to how to apply it.
Eye Primer Facts
What is eye primer?
Like a primer for your face, a primer for your eyes improves your skin’s texture, helping eye makeup go on smoother and last longer. Additionally, eye primer keeps your eye shadow in place and prevents it from creasing. (Fun Fact: Smooth Affair for Eyes is a versatile cream-to-powder formula that can be used solo as an eye shadow or as a primer for other eye shadows.)
Who can use eye primer?
Everyone can and should use eye primer! They work for all skin types, tones and textures.
How do I apply primer on my eyes?
You can apply our Smooth Affair for Eyes eye shadow primer in two ways, with a camouflage brush or with your fingers! Watch this quick how-to for application tips and tricks.
When should I use Smooth Affair for Eyes primer?
- If you want to wear eye shadow apply it as a base.
- If you don’t want to wear eye shadow, but want to have long-lasting color on your eyelids, apply it solo.
- If you have deep set eyes, more oily skin or skin that perspires a lot.
- When you need your eye shadow to stay in place all day and night. Primer gives you that extra somethin’ somethin’ to help your eye shadow last.
- When your eye shadow doesn’t appear as vibrant as it looks in the pot or compact, try an eye primer to help it come out true to color on your eyelid.
Practice Makes Perfect
What’s your favorite shade of Smooth Affair for Eyes? Show us pictures of your primer perfect lids on Instagram, using @janeiredale and #friendfavorite.