One of my favorite makeup looks this fall is the balanced face. Equal definition on lips and eyes looks sophisticated, sexy and polished.
Trend #2: Balanced Definition
Goes well with: Elegant day wear (think Calvin Klein and Hugo Boss); or skinny jeans tucked into knee length boots.
- Start with a flawless complexion. Apply Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer with the Blending Brush.
- Blush the cheeks softly with In Touch Cream Blush.
- Next, apply PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation with the Handi Brush and mist face gently with Hydration Spray.
- Now for the eyes. Choose a PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple: apply the lightest shade to the lid, the medium shade to the crease and the darkest shade to the outer corner. Lift the eye a bit by winging up ever so slightly.
- Line the eyes with a coordinating shade of an Eye Pencil. Since I am horribly eyeliner-challenged, I always use the Detail Brush, picking up color from an eye pencil and applying it to the lash line with the brush. I get a smoother application and it gently blends and smudges it all at once.
- Finish the eyes with PureLash Lash Extender&Conditioner and several coats of Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in Black Ice
- To create a softly defined lips: Line and fill in the lips with a Lip Pencil and top with a coordinating shade of PureGloss Lip Gloss.
Here are some shade combinations to try:
- Silver Lining PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple with Black/Grey Eye Pencil; In Touch Cream Blush in Connection; Terra Cotta Lip Pencil with Iced Mocha PureGloss Lip Gloss.
- Khaki Kraze PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple with Black/Brown Eye Pencil; In Touch Cream Blush in Chemistry; Sienna Lip Pencil and Hazelnut PureGloss Lip Gloss.
- Cloud Nine PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple with Black/Grey Eye Pencil; In Touch Cream Blush in Charisma; Rose Lip Pencil and Rasberry PureGloss Lip Gloss.