This time of the year is my favorite for fashion and makeup. The holiday party invitations have already started coming in and putting together just the right look for each event is on the top of my to-do list. Below I have shared three very different holiday looks that I hope will inspire you as you begin to plan for any upcoming parties. You won’t find any “little black” dresses here. I challenge you to step outside your comfort zone and try a new trend this year.
Also, keep reading to learn how you can participate in our Pinterest holiday giveaway!
Elegant Holiday Look
The first holiday look I want to share with you is elegant and sophisticated. We all know this look, it accompanies us to the upscale office party, and this year the trend is all about exquisite color.
We can’t all splurge on these gorgeous Louboutin pumps (a girl can dream) but this look is an elegant accessory that anyone can manage. With a sumptuous outfit like this, your makeup should be refined. With Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream, your beautiful, glowing, naturally gorgeous skin is the centerpiece.
- Apply Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener to your entire face followed by your shade of Glow Time BB Cream.
- Using the Brown Sugar PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple, apply the medium shade to your eyelid using the Deluxe Shader Brush.
- Apply the darkest shade to your crease and outer corner of your eye using the Crease Brush.
- Apply the lightest shade to your brow bone and inner corner of your eye using the Eye Shader Brush.
- Line your top lash line with Dark Topaz Mystikol.
- Line your bottom water line with the Black/Brown Eye Pencil.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner followed by Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in Espresso.
- Smooth and shape your brows using the Bitty Brow Kit.
- Line and fill in your lips with the Spice Lip Pencil.
- Apply Desire Lip Fixation stain to your lips, wait 45 seconds and then apply the gloss.
Soft and Pretty Holiday Look
The next look that inspired me this holiday season is soft, pretty and fun. This would be great for an evening cocktail party, or a special holiday date.
- Apply your shade of Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder followed by Active Light Under-eye Concealer to brighten your eyes.
- Using the Antique Rose/Merlot PurePressed Eye Shadow apply Antique Rose to your eye lid using the Deluxe Shader Brush.
- Apply Merlot to your crease and outer corner of your eye in a c pattern using your Crease Brush.
- Highlight your brow bone and inner corner of your eye with Oyster PurePressed Eye Shadow.
- Line your top and bottom lash line with the Basic Black Eye Pencil.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner and PureLash Mascara in Jet Black.
- Using your fingers, apply Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain to your cheeks for a soft flushed look.
- Apply the NEW Triple Pearl Finishing Powder to the top of your cheek bones.
- Apply Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain to your lips.
Trendy Holiday Look
The last look that has me inspired this holiday season is a bit more sassy but totally on trend. Think lace and sheer on top paired with a sleek tuxedo pant.
- Apply your shade of PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation for a more matte finish.
- Apply Glimmer Gold PurePressed Eye Shadow to your eyelid using the Deluxe Shader brush.
- Apply Dusk PurePressed Eye Shadow to your crease using the Eye Contour Brush or Crease Brush.
- Apply Black Liquid Eyeliner to your top lash line and wing out slightly.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner followed by Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in Black Ice.
- Apply Cinnamon PurePressed Blush to the apples of your cheek with the Dome Brush.
- Line and fill in your lips with the Crimson Lip Pencil.
- Apply Passion Lip Fixation to your lips, wait 45 seconds then apply the gloss.
I hope these looks have you inspired! Now it’s your turn to share your inspirational holiday party look with us for your chance to receive our NEW Triple Pearl Powder and $250 worth of jane iredale makeup to accompany your party look. Here’s how you can participate:
- Follow jane iredale on Pinterest, here.
- Create a board titled “jane iredale Holiday Party” and categorize it under Hair & Beauty.
- Pin this blog post on your “jane iredale Holiday Party” board.
- Pin 15 to 25 holiday party look inspiration images including makeup, clothing and hair ideas. Feel free to pin your favorite jane iredale makeup that you’ll be using for your holiday look!
- Use the hash tag #janeiredaleHolidayParty on each of your pins.
- E-mail us a link to your board at email@example.com by December 3, and we’ll check it out! The giveaway recipients will be announced and have their boards posted on our Facebook page December 10.